We’re looking to recruit a Yard Operative to work at Central Car Auctions in Baillieston, Glasgow.
We offer our Yard Operatives:
- 33 days’ annual leave
- Flexible leave
- Generous employee discounts
- Private healthcare
- Workplace pension
- …and much more
Full time: Monday – Friday between 7.30am and 6.30pm
About the role
Our Yard Operative will manage the day-to-day moving of sold and unsold vehicles around the site for the auction schedule along with general yard duties, including making and fitting of number plates, vehicle stock checks and dealing with customers face to face.
As a Yard Operative you will work with a diverse team of CCA employees throughout the auction journey. You will engage with all departments on a daily basis. The role would be a great fit for someone who enjoys a varied workload in a fast-paced environment. You will have the ability to communicate at all levels and be extremely well-organised.
- Manage the day-to-day moving of sold and unsold vehicles around the site for the auction schedule.
- General yard duties, including making and fitting of number plates, vehicle stock checks and dealing with customers face to face.
- Keep manager(s) in loop by preparing updates and reports that showcase completed objectives.
- Stay familiar with company’s policies and goals and work to make sure that all members of the CCA team adhere to set standards.
- Engage with all departments to meet auction schedule.
- Works well with others and driven to achieve positive results
- Excellent communication skills, both face to face and on the telephone
- Good at meeting deadlines
- Well-organised with ability to work in a methodical manner
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and use common sense
- A high level of accuracy and ability to multi-task during peak periods
Nice to have but not essential
- Knowledge of Kingfisher is required for the role, but training may be provided for the right candidate.
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.