Why choose us?
- Flexible hybrid working – work from home or the office, whichever suits you most
- Starting from 33 days’ annual leave
- Training and conference funds to keep your skills current
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance
- Generous retail discounts
- Enhanced maternity and paternity packages
As a Xamarin engineer at Arnold Clark, you will be key to achieving our vision of creating market-leading digital products that will put us at the forefront of retailing. Placing our customers at the heart of everything we do, you will transform their experience and drive our business forward. This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in some exciting and high-profile projects, working alongside a team of genuinely talented and passionate people who are focused on doing things ‘the right way’.
We're looking for individuals who are excited by the prospect of working every day on challenging problems, while collaborating and exchanging knowledge with other members of the team.
Working in Arnold Clark Digital is an exciting and fast-paced environment where we create amazing products. We are looking for people who are ambitious, dynamic and driven to succeed. Some of the following below will really help you hit the ground running with us:
- A passion for mobile application development
- Experience working with .Net APIs or ASP.Net MVC
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Exposure to modern version control systems like GIT, and CI/CD pipelines like Azure DevOps
Familiarity with .Net MAUI may also be beneficial, but not essential.
We work in product-based squads using the latest technologies, patterns and approaches; Containerised .Net Core micro-services, React front-ends, Terraformed and cloud hosted PaaS, orchestrated using Kubernetes, and plenty more in-between.
When you get here you can expect to be integral to the success of your team, in the following ways:
- Contribute to the design, development, unit-testing and delivery of our mobile applications using Xamarin (Native) and C#.
- Work closely with other engineers, product design and our product managers to build market leading digital products.
- Mentor engineering teammates through collaboration and code reviews.
- Be integral to propagating mobile application development to the wider team.
- Contribute to the wider team culture of continuous improvement.
- Be fully engaged in optimising user experience, security and performance.
- Drive innovation by staying up to date on the latest updates and changes in the mobile space.
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about life at Arnold Clark, visit our Life at Arnold Clark website.