What we can offer you…
- 33 days’ annual leave
- Extensive training opportunities
- Annual pay review
- Targeted bonus scheme
- Private healthcare
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Generous discounts on vehicle purchases, services, parts, rentals, insurance and more
Full time: Monday – Friday, 8am – 4.30pm
About the role
As a Workshop Technician, you will put your skills into practice so that learning sessions are effective and learners benefit from a high-quality learning environment.
To do this, you will make sure the learning environment is maintained and fully equipped. Your tasks will involve vehicle repair and maintenance, replenishing and maintaining tools and equipment, conducting statutory inspections and other safety checks. You will set up and support the end-point assessment and gateway practical skills assessments by adopting specific faults on our training vehicles and achieving an examination environment.
- Routinely manage vehicles, tooling, and all types of equipment levels, recording subsequent shortages or damages. Compare resource levels to the planned timetable of learning to ensure that we have everything required to host practical skills learning and assessment.
- Cooperate with the training manager as is necessary. You will advise if new or additional resources are required in advance of learning sessions.
- Possess a deep understanding of industry-relative equipment required to fulfil the curriculum objectives, including all Gateway and EPA requirements.
- Conduct daily, weekly, and monthly health and safety practices and, where there is immediate risk, conduct repairs or other interventions.
- Provide associated skills to deliver organisational objectives while promoting safety and efficiency as part of your KPIs.
- Use resources such as news/information and colleague engagement to support continual improvement and your own CPD.
- Value diversity and promote equality internally and externally.
- Adhere to GTG policies and procedures.
Essential skills and experience
- A depth of knowledge and experience using diagnostic equipment and systems
- Strong administrative and written skills
- Highly motivated to meet organisational needs
- An understanding of the repair and maintenance principles for light and heavy vehicle
- An understanding of the repair and maintenance principles for buses and coaches
- Strong communication skills
Nice to have but not essential
- An understanding of apprenticeship standards
- An understanding of safeguarding and the Prevent agenda
- Good standard of IT skills
- Display initiative and show you are positive and enthusiastic
- Demonstrate a commitment to equality and diversity, customer service and quality
- Ability to ensure an elevated level of professional behaviour
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.
Employment with the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory references and disclosure checks.