We’re recruiting for a committed and efficient Workshop Controller for our Used Car branch in Ayr.
Full time, Monday – Thursday 8am – 5.30pm, Friday 8am – 4.30pm (30 minutes’ lunch). Alternate Saturdays (shifts dependant on branch).
About the role
As a Workshop Controller for Arnold Clark, you’ll work with the Service Manager to deliver a high level of productivity and an excellent standard of first-time repair, while making sure you always maintain a clean, safe and professional workshop.
This role would be ideal for an organised, quick-thinking person with previous motor industry experience, looking to develop their career and move into a management role. The ability to keep to deadlines and react quickly to technical challenges is important, and you should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Managing and coaching a team of vehicle technicians and apprentices, making sure targets and business objectives are met.
- Making sure all servicing work is carried out correctly, competently and on time, with customer satisfaction in mind.
- Ensuring that all your working practices comply with company, DVSA, health and safety and manufacturer policy.
- Working with colleagues and other departments to ensure a seamless service for customers.
- Scheduling work to meet customer needs, taking into account workshop targets, the complexity of each job and the availability of parts.
- Providing estimates for servicing and repairs and setting timescales.
- Assisting technicians with technical challenges and finding the right outcome.
- Accurately recording technician time and writing technical reports and recommendations.
- Relevant experience in the automotive industry, including previous workshop control or technician roles.
- High levels of organisation and accuracy.
- Strong IT skills.
- Fantastic interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well with customers and colleagues across other departments, both face-to-face and via email.
- The ability to lead by example and motivate your team to achieve their targets and deliver a high standard of work.
- Ability to create more work opportunities and sales in an honest and compliant manner.
In return for your skills and experience, you’ll receive a competitive salary, opportunities for further management and system training, and a rewarding bonus scheme. You’ll also enjoy one of the best employee benefits packages in the industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and generous staff discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure checks.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.