We’re recruiting for a multi-tasking, results-focused video editing superstar to join our Film Studio team, based in our head office site at Kilbirnie Street, Glasgow.
Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 5.30pm (7.5 hours, 5 days a week).
Flexible working is available for this role.
About the role
As our new Video Editor, you’ll be based in our vibrant Film Studio, helping to create a wide range of online multimedia content. You’ll work closely with our talented and friendly videography team, creating key communications messages, car studio videos and social media content.
The right person for this role will be adept at juggling multiple projects and managing priorities. You’ll have excellent communication skills and be great at managing internal and external stakeholder expectations. You will enjoy the buzz of working in a dynamic but rewarding environment and won’t be afraid to use your initiative and common sense to deliver projects. And as part of a fast-moving team, you’ll be an enthusiastic team player who works well with others.
This role will give you the chance to develop your core skillset across several different areas. You will have a keen eye for detail and your strong creative streak will be key in helping us develop and refine our brand. You don’t have to know about cars to work here, but a passion for beautiful product photography and dynamic automotive video content would be a huge help!
- Working as part of a wider team, managing your own workflow of our in-house film studio and external filming projects.
- Managing the filming process, from organising shoots to scripting, editing and final delivery.
- Improving systems and processes, and developing new platforms as required.
- Identifying issues and developing solutions.
- Backing up work on an ongoing basis and developing solutions for storage.
- Looking at current market trends and competitor videos to ensure we always stay ahead of the game.
- Personal development, researching new filming techniques and technologies.
- Effective time management skills to implement and execute projects successfully.
- A meticulous approach and the ability to multi-task on a number of projects, working to strict deadlines.
- Strong narrative ability with a focus on corporate communication.
- Ability to take an analytical approach to our engagement KPIs.
- High level of proficiency with Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, and Creative Suite knowledge would be highly desirable.
- A passion for creative filming and the automotive marketplace.
- Excellent communication skills and strong videography and editing experience.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Some knowledge or experience of FCP X
A full, UK driving licence held for a minimum of one year is essential. In return for your skills in this fast-growing field, you’ll benefit from excellent working conditions and one of the best employee packages in the industry, including extensive training, private healthcare and life assurance.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.