We’re recruiting for a Vehicle Purchasing Coordinator to be based in the South of England with travel to branches in the area.
Full time, Working 5 days out of 7, depending on business needs. Flexible working is available with this role.
About the role
As Vehicle Purchasing Coordinator for Arnold Clark, Europe’s largest independently owned car retailer, you will travel to branches training staff on our vehicle purchasing process. You’ll manage daily performance and work with branches to improve conversion targets and exceed goals.
The ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated and able to work independently, while also demonstrating the communication and influencing skills to act as a brand ambassador and inspire staff to achieve their targets.
- Educating and motivating staff in the use of the company vehicle purchasing process.
- Inspecting and appraising vehicles, making sure the condition is accurately reflected on our online purchasing system.
- Being an advocate for correct and compliant appraisal of cars.
- Ensuring that compliance, security and health and safety procedures are always followed.
- Travelling to branches, managing operational performance and helping staff to improve profitability.
- Motivating staff on the importance of accuracy to reduce losses.
- Actively participating in setting performance targets and supporting staff to achieve them.
- Helping to develop a culture of continuous improvement and best practice.
- Promoting the highest levels of customer service while maximising branch performance.
- A successful experience in a customer-facing role within the retail sales marketplace – for a minimum of one year.
- Ability to educate and influence staff at all levels to improve performance.
- Fantastic communication and interpersonal skills, with a high level of professionalism.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and with others.
- A proactive, positive attitude.
- A keen eye for detail and high levels of accuracy.
- The ability to plan effectively and work well under pressure to strict deadlines.
- A full driving licence.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- A strong understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Good knowledge of cars and vans.
In return for your skills, you will receive extensive training in Arnold Clark company processes, a company car, laptop and mobile phone, plus flexible hours. You can also enjoy one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and generous staff discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.