We’re looking for talented, time-served Vehicle Mechanics/Technicians to work at Bishopbriggs Toyota
Full time, Monday – Thursday 8am – 5.30pm, Friday 8am – 4.30pm (with 30 minutes’ lunch), Saturday working expected, based on branch requirements.
About the role
Are you ready for your next exciting career move? Arnold Clark, Europe’s largest car retailer, is looking for Vehicle Mechanics/Technicians for our workshops across the country.
You’ll get the chance to carry out servicing and repairs on an incredible range of manufacturers and models – developing your skills and staying up to date with the latest vehicle technology.
In return, you’ll receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry.
- Carrying out servicing, repairs and maintenance to high standards.
- Inspecting vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately, using computer-based diagnostic equipment.
- Repairing or replacing broken or defective parts and resolving defects.
- Carrying out DVSA vehicle testing (if authorised).
- Road testing vehicles to check repairs.
- Maintaining equipment and make sure tools are in good condition.
- Following checklists to ensure all procedures are completed.
- Completing all documentation to the required standard.
- A certificate in Light Vehicle Maintenance Level 3 and solid work experience in the automotive industry.
- Ability to work in a competent and efficient manner on your own or part of a busy team.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- The ability to carry out work to high standards to deadlines.
- A proactive and enthusiastic approach.
- Ability to accurately follow written and spoken instructions.
- A full, UK driving licence held for a minimum of one year.
Your technical skills will be rewarded with a competitive salary, training opportunities and excellent working conditions. You’ll also receive life assurance, private health care and generous employee discounts on new and used cars.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.