We’re looking to recruit a new Vehicle Appraiser to join the team at Central Car Auctions in Birtley.
We can offer:
- 33 days’ annual leave with room to grow
- Extensive training opportunities
- Generous retail discounts
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance
- Workplace pension
- Enhanced maternity and paternity packages... and much more!
Full time: Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 8.30am – 6pm. Tuesday and Thursday, 8.30am – 5.30pm. 30 minutes lunch. 44 hours per week.
Central Car Auctions, Portobello Road, Chester le Street, Birtley, DH3 2SN
About the role
As a Vehicle Appraiser, you will be responsible for the NAMA (National Association of Motor Auctions) Grading of the vehicles which are to be offered for sale through our auction. You will report all damage though our LiveBid system and add detailed vehicle descriptions to the website. Someone with a good knowledge of cars would therefore be suited to the role.
In this role, you will work with a diverse team of CCA employees throughout the auction journey. We’re looking for someone who can work with a high level of responsibility and good attention to detail. You will also be able to work as part of a yeam in a fast-paced environment.
- Keep manager(s) in loop with reports that showcase completed objectives/ daily targets.
- Work well with others and build enthusiasm for achieving results by keeping focused on the main objectives.
- Stay familiar with company’s policies and goals and work to make sure that all members of the CCA team adhere to set standards.
- Work in a very organised and methodical manner.
Essential skills and requirements
- A high level of accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task during peak periods.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Must be computer literate.
- Ensure that all deadlines are met.
- Enjoys working with the public face-to-face.
- NAMA Grading qualification preferred.
- Full driving licence.
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals. To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure checks.