We’re looking to recruit a new Valeter to join the team at Central Car Auctions in Lingfield.
We can offer:
- 33 days’ annual leave with room to grow
- Flexible leave
- Extensive training opportunities
- Generous retail discounts
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance
- Workplace pension
- Enhanced maternity and paternity packages…. and much more!
Monday - Friday, 8.30am – 6pm
Central Car Auctions, Lingfield
About the role
Our Valeter/Yard Operative will manage the day-to-day moving of sold and unsold vehicles around the site to coincide with the auction schedule. You will also take part in general valet duties such as making and fitting number plates, vehicle stock checks and dealing with customers face to face.
As a Valeter/Yard Operative, you will work with a diverse team of CCA employees throughout the auction journey and you will engage with all departments on a daily basis. The role would be a great fit for someone who enjoys a varied workload in a fast-paced environment. You will also have the ability to communicate at all levels and be extremely well-organised.
- Work well with others and builds enthusiasm for achieving results by keeping focused on main valet/yard duties.
- Manage the day-to-day moving of sold and unsold vehicles around the site to coincide with the auction schedule.
- General valet duties such as making and fitting number plates, vehicle stock checks and dealing with customers face to face.
- Keep manager(s) in loop by preparing updates and reports that showcase completed objectives.
- Stay familiar with company’s policies and goals and work to make sure that all members of the CCA team adhere to set standards.
Essential skills and requirements
- A high level of accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task during peak periods.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Ensure that all deadlines are met.
- Enjoys working with the public both face to face and on telephone.
- Can work in very organised and methodical manner.
- The ability to use common sense in situations and keep their head.
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals. To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure checks.