We are seeking a highly motivated and ambitious Operations Manager to launch, lead and develop our new valet preparation centre located in Linwood.
This is a target-driven position in a fast-paced environment with expectations of 400+ valets per day split over day and night shift. This role would be ideal for an organised, quick-thinking person with previous management experience with the ability to keep to deadlines and react quickly to challenges.
- Managing the valet operations that will service the seven Arnold Clark sites based at Linwood and ensuring that all vehicles are valeted to a very high standard of cleanliness.
- Managing a team of approximately 100 valeters, vehicle washers and photographers to ensure that targets and business objectives are met.
- Overseeing and organising daily operations.
- Coordinating and supporting floor managers and valet supervisors.
- Overseeing production and reviewing productivity using our in-house valet diary system to manage staffing levels.
- Working with the on-site health and safety officer to ensure that all health and safety standards are maintained to company guidelines.
- High levels of organisation and accuracy
- Strong IT skills
- Fantastic interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well with customers and colleagues across other departments, both face to face and via email
- The ability to lead by example and motivate your team to achieve their targets and deliver a high standard of work
- The ability to stay calm under pressure
- Experience of leading and managing large teams while also managing performance across the team
- Problem solving
- Eye for detail
What we can offer you
- 33 days’ annual leave
- Extensive training opportunities
- Private healthcare
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Generous discounts on vehicle purchases, services, parts, rentals, insurance and more
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.