Our mission in Arnold Clark’s Digital Product Development department is to change the face of digital retail, creating state of the art digital products that complement and enhance our industry-leading in-branch experience, and make us “Easy to do Business With”. Due to expansion, we are seeking a talented and experienced UI Engineer to join our multi-award-winning product development team, based at our vibrant new head office in Hillington (Glasgow).
Full time, Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5pm
This role offers flexi-time. Core hours 10am – 3pm.
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in some exciting and high-profile projects. We are building a team of genuinely talented and passionate developers who are focused on doing things “the right way”. You’ll be working in an innovative Agile environment and getting to work with leading edge technologies.
The successful candidate will have a passion for delivering high quality products and have a strong attention to detail. You should be driven and organised with exceptional problem-solving skills, as well as being a good communicator and a creative thinker.
- Working with Product Designers to rapidly prototype ideas
- Implementing designs in mobile-first responsive interfaces
- Advocating for the end user in terms of UI and UX
- Working with product owners and stakeholders to provide continuous business value following agile principles
- Expert level of experience with HTML and CSS
- Ability to hand-code valid, semantic and accessible HTML
- Knowledge of cross browser/platform/device concerns in order to provide a unified customer experience
- Knowledge of web performance considerations
- Experience with a CSS pre-processor such as SCSS or PostCSS
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, search engine optimisation, and A/B testing
- Experience of a Version Control System such as Git
- Ability to write unit and integration tests for front end applications
- TDD and/or BDD
- Exposure to full stack development in Ruby on Rails or C#/Dotnet
Don’t be fooled by the fact we sell cars. Our business is changing to meet the needs of today’s development community, and as a result, you can expect the following benefits and perks when you work for us:
- Remote working
- Training and conference fund
- Amazing working environment
- Casual dress
- Private medical insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discount on vehicle purchase, servicing, parts and rental
- Cycle to work scheme
- High-powered Mac laptop
- Subsidised canteen and Costa coffee
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure checks.