We’re looking for an experienced, customer-focused UC Engineer to support Arnold Clark’s growing voice service.
Are you a qualified IT technician with a dedication to delivering a fantastic customer experience?
As an UC Engineer, you’d be working with our Unified Comms team, responsible for supporting and maintaining Arnold Clark’s voice service.
You’ll know UC platforms such as Skype for Business and Contact Centre software, and be interested in developing a career in a constantly changing, forward-thinking tech environment.
• Making sure all voice platforms are supported, maintained and performing well.
• Dealing with 2nd and 3rd line support issues.
• Using your expertise to support project delivery objectives.
• Helping the company make the transition from legacy PBX platforms to strategic UC platforms.
• Liaising with third party suppliers to provide a world-class UC experience for Arnold Clark’s customers.
• Working with different teams and departments to ensure UC platforms always comply with the latest industry standards and legislation.
• You’ll be able to demonstrate a high level of expertise in UC platform technologies (knowledge of Skype for Business and is a minimum requirement).
• Proven experience in customer service
• Strong communication and influencing skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft technologies such as Active Directory and Exchange
• Good understanding of network interdependencies
• First class approach to IT service
• Demonstrable knowledge of contact centre support from an IT perspective.
• Experience of legacy PBX systems and relevant handsets and ancillaries would be beneficial (Avaya/Meridian/Index/Samsung).
Skills or experience that are non-essential, or in which training can be given:
• Support in a retail company environment is desirable but not essential.
• Experience of ISDN2 and stand-alone ADSL broadband products and kit would be ideal, although training and guidance will be given for any legacy equipment.
Hours of work: Monday–Friday 9am–5pm though occasional weekend and evening work may be required. Flexible working may be available for the right applicant.
In exchange for your technical skills, you’ll benefit from excellent working conditions and one of the best employee packages in the industry, including extensive training, private healthcare and life assurance.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.