We’re currently recruiting for an enthusiastic Tyre Fitter to work at our branch in Aberdeen, Craigshaw Road.
Full time, Monday – Friday 7.30am – 5.00pm (30 minutes’ lunch) and every second Saturday 8.00am – 12.00noon.
About the role
Arnold Clark Tyre Fitters are responsible for repairing damage, fitting and balancing new tyres, inspecting for wear and tear and discussing tyre requirements with the customer, offering advice and a friendly, efficient service.
This is a hands-on role that would suit someone who enjoys practical and manual work, with an interest in cars and a good eye for detail. The ability to deliver great customer service is also a must.
- Using hydraulic car lifts, jacks and wheel braces to lift and secure vehicles.
- Using specialised equipment such as air-operated tyre changers, as well as hand and power tools for removing, attaching and repairing tyres.
- Checking and adjusting wheel alignment to manufacturer specification.
- Carrying out final road testing.
- Discussing the customers’ needs to determine the type of replacement tyre they need and offering advice.
- Strong communication skills to liaise with customers and other members of the team.
- Ability to work in a competent and efficient manner, independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to follow checklists and make sure all procedures and checks are completed correctly.
- Good attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Good standards of housekeeping.
- The ability to deliver great customer service.
- You must hold a full, clean driving licence for a minimum of 2 years.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Previous tyre fitting experience is preferred but training will be given.
In return for your skills, you’ll receive excellent working conditions, training and opportunities for career progression. You’ll also also enjoy one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and generous staff retail discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.