We’re looking to recruit a new full-time Trainee Technical Trainer to assist in our workshops and training sessions.
You will work mainly from our Glasgow South Street branch, but you may also be required to work from Kilbirnie Street and GTG Edinburgh on occasion.
Full time: Monday – Friday, 8am – 4.30pm
About the role
As a Trainee Technical Trainer, you will assist our team of trainers as they prepare for training sessions. You will also assist with practical training in our workshops.
We’re looking for someone who is flexible and works well in a team. You will have excellent communication skills and a passion for motor vehicle technology.
- Set a good example by acting in a professional manner at all times and by adopting a neat outward appearance and organised workplace.
- Ensure a high standard of cleanliness is maintained in work areas and training rooms.
- Carry out all training and education in a safe manner, subject to health & safety, COSHH and other mandatory regulations.
- Use appropriate training and education methods at all times.
- Prepare and use training aids wherever appropriate in training.
- Ensure that all training and assessment is carried out according to the laid-down programme and timetable.
- Complete all necessary documentation required for courses timeously.
- Assist the trainers, team leader and automotive manager in maintaining discipline, and ensure that all trainees comply with the rules and regulations of the company.
- You must have completed a recognised apprenticeship in either Light or Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair.
- You must have a further four years of experience in vehicle maintenance and repair.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly when in front of a group.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Work well in a team.
Training experience is not essential but would be advantageous.
For the right candidate, Eportfolio training and ongoing technical training will be provided. We will also help you work towards receiving both an Assessor and Training Qualification.
In return for your skills, you’ll receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the industry including private healthcare, generous staff retail discounts, access to our health and wellbeing hub Space and more.
Employment with the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory references and disclosure checks.