We’re recruiting for an ambitious Trainee Parts Advisor for our busy Parts department in Dundee Renault/ Hyundai / Dacia
Full time, Monday – Friday 8am – 5.30pm (occasional Saturday working will be required).
Hours and flexible working dependent on branch.
About the role
As a Trainee Parts Advisor, you will work alongside our busy and experienced parts team, receiving workplace training in all aspects of the role as you progress towards the level of a qualified Parts Advisor.
You’ll embark on a structured training programme which will start with warehousing duties and familiarising yourself with the day-to-day activities of the Parts department, and go on to include IT systems, KPIs and technical training.
This role would suit a proactive person who relishes setting goals and achieving them, and is serious about driving their career forward.
- Working with customers, interpreting their needs and giving them advice on additional parts or services.
- Matching orders against stock items and sourcing any parts needed.
- Working closely with our service team, making sure that great customer service is at the heart of what we do.
- Talking to customers on the phone, face-to-face or via email.
- Making sure communication regarding orders is effective, both internally and externally.
- Managing goods in and out, maintaining quality and efficiency.
- Cash handling.
- Working with suppliers, placing orders or returns and accurately processing paperwork.
- Positive and proactive attitude to learning and career development.
- A high level of accuracy with the ability to multi-task efficiently, even under pressure.
- A high level of organisation.
- Fantastic communication and numeracy skills.
- Customer service and problem solving skills.
- Basic IT skills, and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- A forward-thinking, optimistic approach, with an understanding of how to maximise your potential, that of the department and the business as a whole.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- A full clean driving licence held for a minimum of one year is preferred.
- Previous warehousing or logistics experience.
- Previous call-handling experience.
In return for your enthusiasm and commitment, you will receive extensive training as well as one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and generous staff retail discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.