We’re currently recruiting for a motivated and enthusiastic Trainee Coachbuilder to work at our specialist Coachbuilding facility in East Kilbride.
Dependent on age and experience
Full time, Monday – Thursday 8am – 5.30pm, Friday 8am – 4.30pm
About the role
As a Trainee Coachbuilder you will work closely with a mentor to learn all aspects of commercial vehicle coach building and conversion, ensuring a high quality result and complying with the specifications of the client.
As this is a hands-on role, the ideal candidate will be practical, willing to work hard and follow instructions, and have a keen eye for detail.
- Learning vehicle coachbuilding and conversion skills.
- Working alongside a mentor to achieve the required specifications.
- Checking vehicles for damage as they arrive on site.
- Learning how to safely use plant and equipment, following safety procedures and wearing the correct personal protection equipment.
- Attending training courses both in the branch and at our training centre.
- Recording processes at each stage of the build/conversion.
- Keeping your workspace tidy and safe at all times.
- Ability to listen and follow instructions carefully.
- Great communication skills.
- Strong practical working skills.
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently.
- A proactive, self-motivated approach.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Previous hands-on experience within a vehicle service or repair environment.
- Experience of working with hand tools and equipment.
In return for your enthusiasm and willingness to learn, you’ll receive extensive training on specific tasks, and one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including free private healthcare, life assurance and preferential rates on new and used cars.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.