We’re recruiting for an enthusiastic, diligent Trainee CAD System Operator to work in our coachbuilding facility in East Kilbride.
Hourly rate, dependant on age and experience.
Full time, Monday – Thursday, 8am – 5.30pm
Friday 8am – 4.30pm
About the role
Our new CAD System Operator will be responsible for creating precision drawings of vehicle body designs from dimensions and specifications.
This technical role will be an ideal fit for someone who is fully computer literate, with an interest in design. You’ll create designs and drawings that will help us meet and surpass our customer expectations.
- Working closely with the assistant manager and other workshop staff.
- Carefully and correctly interpreting customer requirements.
- Learning our computer aided drafting (CAD) system.
- Learning about bespoke vehicle components.
- Keeping detailed records of any changes.
- A high level of accuracy, as well as the ability to multi-task and prioritise workload.
- Great communication and listening skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- The ability to work equally well on your own initiative, as well as part of a team.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Some relevant experience of CAD systems, though specific training will be given to help you do your job.
- A working knowledge of vehicle components.
In return, you’ll receive an employee benefits package that is among the best in the industry, including private health care, life assurance and preferential vehicle offers.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.