We are looking for an enthusiastic Trainee Assistant Accountant for our Peugeot branch in our Ayr.
About the role
Interested in a career in accountancy? As a Trainee Assistant Accountant for Arnold Clark, you will be provided with training and support from all members of the accounts and administration teams, ultimately reporting to the Branch Accountant.
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn while working in a dynamic and varied accounts environment for Europe’s largest car retailer.
- Daily cash handling, posting and allocating all cash receipts from our vehicle sales and aftersales departments.
- Daily posting and allocation of bank transactions and bank statement reconciliation.
- Daily registering and allocation of purchase invoices and liaising with department management for invoice authorisation when necessary.
- Monthly supplier statement reconciliations.
- Daily credit control of both vehicle and Aftersales department debts.
- Attending monthly credit control meetings with department management.
- Confidence and willingness to learn.
- Highly motivated to succeed in your chosen profession.
- High levels of organisation and accuracy.
- Good communication skills.
- Polite telephone manner.
- Ability to both work in a team and independently.
- Ability to multi-task and manage your own workload to meet daily demands.
Nice to have (but not essential)
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, but training will be given to the right candidate.
In return for your skills, the role offers the opportunity for career progression, and you’ll receive an employee benefits package that is among the best in the industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and training.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.