We are looking for an enthusiastic Trainee Accounts Assistant for our branch in Chesterfield.
Full-time, Monday–Friday, 8.30am–5pm
About the role
Interested in a career in accountancy? As a Trainee Accounts Assistant for Arnold Clark, you will be provided with training and support from all members of the accounts and administration teams, ultimately reporting to the Branch Accountant.
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn while working in a dynamic and varied accounts environment for Europe’s largest car retailer. If successful in your role, you may also be given the chance to gain a professional qualification via ACCA-X.
- Daily cash handling, posting and allocating all cash receipts from our vehicle sales and aftersales departments.
- Daily posting and allocation of bank transactions and bank statement reconciliation.
- Daily registering and allocation of purchase invoices and liaising with department management for invoice authorisation when necessary.
- Monthly supplier statement reconciliations.
- Assist with filing of documents in the Accounts department.
- Daily credit control of both vehicle and Aftersales department debts.
- Chairing monthly credit control meeting with department management and taking minutes.
- Confidence and willingness to learn.
- Highly motivated to succeed in your chosen profession.
- High levels of organisation and accuracy.
- Good communication skills.
- Polite telephone manner.
- Ability to both work in a team and independently.
- Ability to multi-task and manage your own workload to meet daily demands.
Nice to have (but not essential)
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, but training will be given to the right candidate.
The role offers the opportunity for career progression to Assistant and Branch Accountant level while gaining a professional qualification in Accountancy.
In return, you’ll receive an employee benefits package that is among the best in the industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and training.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.