Arnold Clark is one of the largest car dealer groups in Europe. It all started with just one showroom – opened in Glasgow, back in 1954. However, don’t be fooled by the fact we sell cars. Our business is changing to meet the needs of today’s customer and our digital team is central to our success.
As a Test Engineer at Arnold Clark, you will be key to achieving our vision of creating market-leading digital products that will put us at the forefront of retailing. Placing our customers at the heart of everything we do, you will transform their experience and drive our business forward.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in some exciting and high-profile projects, working alongside a team of genuinely talented and passionate people who are focused on doing things ‘the right way’. We're looking for individuals who are excited by the prospect of working every day on challenging problems, while collaborating and exchanging knowledge with other members of the team.
What you can expect
We work in product-based squads using the latest technologies, patterns, and approaches: Containerised .Net Core micro-services, React front-ends, Terraform and cloud-hosted PaaS, orchestrated using Kubernetes, and UI and API testing with Selenium, Cypress, BrowserStack, Postman, Swagger, and NodeJS.
When you get here, you will play a huge part in the success of your team. You will:
- Be responsible for the design, development, and delivery of manual and automated test cases against business requirements.
- Enable test teammates through collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Contribute to the wider test architecture and strategy.
- Be fully engaged within the test community.
- Be instrumental in actively promoting the benefits of test within your product squad.
Key skills that will benefit you
Arnold Clark Digital is an exciting and fast-paced environment where we create amazing products. We are looking for people who are ambitious, dynamic, and driven to succeed. The following skills and experience will really help you hit the ground running with us:
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, and influencing skills
- Excellent manual testing skills - web, mobile and mobile apps testing including multi-device and cross-platform consistency
- Demonstrable UI and API test automation skills with Selenium and Cypress
- Proven experience of test planning including approach, design, and estimation
- Strong analytical skills to review and validate requirements and technical specifications while developing and executing test plans
- Experience and an understanding of Agile methodologies and practices
Additionally, while not essential, we think the following would be a bonus:
- Experience and understanding of DevOps practices, such as continuous integration for test automation
- The ability to support, design, develop, and enhance test processes and report for QA processes
- Experience or an interest in creating or contributing to technical articles published on internal sites and/or for technical publications
Part 1: CV reviews and initial informal 45-minute video call.
Part 2: Successful candidates will be invited to attend a 90-minute video call focussed on a case study (that the candidate will have had prior sight of).
What you can expect from us
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do - diverse in our make-up, united in our goals. To that end we offer an exciting package which includes:
- Highly competitive salary
- Flexible hybrid working – work from home or the office, whichever suits you most
- Training and conference funds to keep your skills current
- Private medical insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Generous discounts on vehicle purchases, services, parts, rentals, insurance and more
To find out more about life at Arnold Clark, visit our Life at Arnold Clark website.