Looking for a summer job?
We’re recruiting for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Driver/Valeter to join our Edinburgh Airport Car & Van Rental team over the summer months.
Full time, 4 shifts on and 4 shifts off, 42.5 hours per week, including weekends.
We’re offering this position as a three-year, fixed-term contract, so it’s an ideal opportunity for someone who expects to be on a summer break from their studies every year.
About the role
In our summer Driver/Valeter role, you’ll be responsible for ensuring all our vehicles are presented in the best possible condition.
To really shine in this role, you’ll need to love active, physical work, have excellent attention to detail and be a fantastic team player.
- Cleaning sold and stock vehicles to a high standard.
- Cleaning vehicles externally with a high-powered pressure washer.
- Using a high-powered vacuum to clean and shampoo vehicle interiors.
- Working with a polishing/buffing machine to enhance bodywork.
- Complying with health and safety procedures while working with chemicals.
- Making sure that all equipment and machinery is properly maintained and secure at all times, reporting any defects and complying with manufacturers’ instructions and PPE recommendations.
- Working to set timeframes and targets.
- Completing a daily record of work completed.
- Other duties to support the branch as required.
- A full driving licence.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Self-motivation with the ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to multi-task.
- Willingness to participate in training programmes.
Although it would be fantastic if you have previous experience of this kind of work, if you can show us loads of energy and enthusiasm for the job, we can give you training at our Valet Academy, which all new members of staff will attend.
And in return for your hard work, you’ll benefit from one of the best employee packages in the industry, including private healthcare and life assurance.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.