We’re recruiting for an Automotive Technical Trainer specialising in Body Repair and Paint Refinishing to work at our GTG training centre in Wolverhampton.
Full time, Monday – Friday 8am – 4.30pm with occasional overtime as required.
About the role
As a Body Repair/Paint Refinishing Technical Trainer for GTG, you’ll be responsible for training bodyshop apprentices and delivering commercial training courses. As well as sharing knowledge and best practice about the repair of accident-damaged vehicles, you’ll support apprentices to work effectively as a team, while always complying with health and safety regulations and company policy.
This role would suit someone with proven teaching experience and an industry-recognised Level 3 qualification in Vehicle Body Repair and/or Paint Refinishing. You’ll also have excellent communication and influencing skills and the ability to inspire apprentices to succeed.
- Carrying out apprenticeship training to high standards and in a safe manner, subject to health and safety, COSHH and other mandatory regulations.
- Using appropriate training methods and training aids.
- Working with the team leader and automotive manager to maintain good levels of discipline and safety within the workshop.
- Assessing trainees to standards set by awarding bodies to allow learners to progress towards vocational qualifications and apprenticeships.
- Assisting the development of training and assessment processes.
- Keeping up to date with current industry methods and technological developments, ensuring training is relevant.
- Providing welfare support for apprentices and employers when needed.
- A Level 3 qualification in Automotive Body Repair and/or Paint Refinishing (or equivalent).
- A proven track record in modern repair techniques and technology within the industry.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to inspire learners.
- High levels of organisation and attention to detail.
- A positive and enthusiastic approach.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to listen and support apprentices during their training.
- A full driving licence.
- Flexibility, as travelling to other UK training centres to carry out training may be required.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Assessing or training skills.
- ATA Senior Panel / Paint / MET Technician qualifications.
- Welding abilities or AOM-009 qualification.
- Light vehicle maintenance experience.
In return for your skills and qualifications, you’ll receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including free private healthcare, life assurance and generous staff retail discounts, including preferential rates on new and used vehicles.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to a satisfactory reference and disclosure check.