Technical Lead (Web Team)
At Arnold Clark, our staff are key to us achieving our goal of creating market-leading digital products that will put us at the forefront of automotive retailing. We are seeking a Technical Lead for our talented Web Team, developing our award winning websites and ensuring that we continue to be the industry leader in digital experience.
About the role
As a Technical Lead for Europe’s largest independently owned car retailer, you will work at Arnold Clark’s head office in Hillington, finding brilliant solutions to challenging problems, and leading your team to success.
You’ll be genuinely excited to learn from others and lead a talented, high-profile technical team. The ideal candidate will be results-driven with a ‘can do’ attitude; able to handle change positively and overcome any issues to create a great user experience for Arnold Clark’s customers.
Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
Flexi-Time is available with this role.
- Leading technical staff, providing guidance on architecture and technical strategy.
- Running 1:1s, goal setting, mentoring and coaching your team.
- Running agile software development practices, including releasing early and often, improving feedback and retrospectives.
- Developing practices such as pair programming, collective code ownership and continuous delivery.
- Experience leading a team working on large, public facing websites. Ideally in a retail environment.
- Experience of Agile and DevOps culture, including practices such as Continuous Delivery.
- A data-driven decision-making mindset, formulating hypotheses and using A/B testing.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Experience of Ruby on Rails.
In return for your considerable talents, you’ll benefit from a competitive salary and some of the best employee benefits in the automotive industry, including:
- Training and conference fund
- Amazing working environment
- Casual dress
- Private medical insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discount on vehicle purchase, servicing, parts and rental
- Cycle to work scheme
- High-powered laptop with choice of working on a Mac or PC
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.