We’re looking to hire an Energy Manager to work within our Sustainability Office. This will be based at our Head Office in Glasgow (Hillington) with the potential for hybrid work.
Why choose Arnold Clark?
- 33 days’ annual leave with room to grow
- Generous retail discounts
- Flexible working
- Enhanced maternity and paternity packages
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance
- Training opportunities
- ….and much more
Full Time, Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5pm.
About the role
To help Arnold Clark achieve its sustainability objectives by developing, owning, and operationalising a strategy for the identification, assessment, and implementation coordination of energy efficiency across our estates. This leadership role will focus primarily on the decarbonisation and future proofing of our estates.
- Develop and own a Group strategy to drive the energy efficiency and carbon footprint reduction of our estates in accordance with the Group Sustainability Strategy and Carbon Reduction Targets.
- Identify and agree annual action plans to reduce estates carbon footprint from defined baseline positions. Establish resource plans and delivery programmes in collaboration with colleagues in the Estates team.
- Develop and manage the energy systems asset register and provide technical input to estates asset management plans. Ensure processes are in place to update condition records and undertake periodic reviews to inform ongoing investment decisions.
- Support the Estates team by providing input to new build, maintenance, and retrofit projects and undertake critical reviews of design proposals.
- Own and implements horizon scanning of new technology and regulatory risks and opportunities to routinely advise on business strategy.
Essential skills and experience
- Proven experience in the assessment and implementation of new technologies to achieve business objectives
- Full clean driving licence and prepared to travel across the UK.
- The ability to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way.
- Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new ideas and information
- The ability to structure and process data and information and draw insightful conclusions from it
- Demonstrate a probing mind and achieve penetrating insights
- Acts on own initiative without having to rely on being told what to do
- Passionate about sustainability and technology
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience as a professional Energy Manager/Engineer or equivalent engineering role with a focus on saving or decarbonising energy in estates.
Nice to have but not essential
- Degree qualified in mechanical or electrical engineering, energy management, or another relevant field. However, candidates with proven tracks records and experience will be considered.
- MBA would be highly beneficial but not necessary.
- Membership of relevant professional institution would be beneficial.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge and passion for saving energy and utilities management.
- Qualification in Project Management or good understanding of project management principles would be desirable.
- Full clean UK drivers’ licence.
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.
Employment with the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory references and disclosure checks.