At Arnold Clark, our staff are key to us achieving our goal of creating market-leading digital products that will put us at the forefront of automotive retailing. As a result, we are seeking a SQL developer to join our digital product development team, based at our vibrant new head office in Hillington (Glasgow).
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in some exciting and high-profile projects. We are building a team of genuinely talented and passionate developers who will be focused on doing things “the right way”. We’re looking for developers who are excited by the prospect of coming in every day to work within a team of people they like and respect, to work on challenging problems and learn from each other.
Full time, Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5pm
Flexible working is available with this role.
About the role
Woking within our talented Multi-Systems squad, this role will provide support to our day to day business applications. The Multi-Systems team provide support to key business stakeholders throughout the UK’s largest independent motor group.
- Develop and maintain database solutions using SQL Server
- Monitoring and managing user requests and issues on the systems helpdesk
- Maintenance and development of company’s data centric internal systems
- Performance tuning and query optimisation
- Work closely with internal developers to provide database support
- Work closely with the business stakeholders to determine requirements, oversee testing and provide ongoing third line support
- Data modelling/database design
- Strong T-SQL skills
- Experience of SSIS
- Minimum 3 years SQL Server programming
- Experience of full project lifecycle
- Ability to take ownership of issues through to completion
Don’t be fooled by the fact we sell cars. Our business is changing to meet the needs of today’s development community, and as a result, you can expect the following benefits and perks when you work for us:
- Training and conference fund
- Amazing working environment
- Casual dress
- Private medical insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure checks.