We’re searching for a creative Social Media Executive who can really bring our platforms to life with engaging content that no one will want to scroll past.
You’ll speak to our online audience of 250,000 followers over 35 platforms with the goal of driving footfall and generating interest across all areas of the Arnold Clark Group.
The automotive industry has changed dramatically and our online voice is more important than ever. This role will give you the opportunity to help us make it stand out as we continue to develop innovative ways to best meet the needs of our customers.
When you’ll work
It’s a full-time position; generally, Monday – Friday, 9am – 5.30pm.
Where you’ll work
This role is based at our bustling, vibrant head office in Hillington, Glasgow – when circumstances allow!
What you’ll earn
Your salary will be based on your experience in social media marketing.
What you’ll do each day
- Manage and publish content on our popular social channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Write bespoke and creative copy using a range of tones to suit each channel.
- Work closely with the wider Communications and Marketing teams to identify new opportunities and generate content.
- Measure, analyse and optimise our social channels and the content we produce.
- Take time to communicate our strategy and learnings to internal teams.
- Carry out keyword, trend and audience research and put these learnings into practice.
- Collaborate with the rest of the social media time optimise content visibility, conversation and engagement.
- Work on exciting manufacturer and brand-led campaigns.
You’ll fit right in and thrive in this role if you:
- Have at least one year’s experience in a similar role and a great track record of setting up, managing and promoting opportunities across social media networks, especially Facebook.
- Love to write and have a knack for creating compelling, snappy copy.
- Have a great eye for content and knowing what will generate a buzz on different social platforms.
- Are a whizz at SEO and keyword research.
- Can manage a variety of tasks and campaigns successfully at once, being both reactive and proactive where needed.
- Like to collaborate with talented colleagues and share ideas so everyone has the chance to learn and grow.
- Feel confident when chatting to or interviewing people, so you can tease out that great content our audience will love.
- Enjoy learning about new technologies, social media trends and developments.
It would be great if you also:
- Had previous experience working in an agency.
- Knew how to edit videos.
No problem if you don’t have these, though! This is a great opportunity to develop and grow your skills in all things social.
What we’re about
If you’re successful in joining our friendly and talented team, you can look forward to working in a fun, fast-paced environment where you can really make an impact. We’re big on training and development so you’ll have the opportunity to sign up for courses that matter to you and get access to tools and resources that will help you excel in your role. What’s more, you’ll do it all while working on a state-of-the-art Apple computer.
As a Group, we offer a great benefits package, including free private healthcare, an employee loan and access to hundreds of retail discounts.
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees can flourish. That’s why we’re proud to be Stonewall Diversity Champions, a Disability Confident employer and Working Families award winners.
We want everyone who works here to feel supported so we have our own health and wellbeing platform, Space. We also work closely with automotive charity Ben to help look after our employees’ mental, physical and financial health.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to a satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Closing Date: 09 March 2021