We’re looking for an experienced Contractor/Small Works Health and Safety Coordinator, based in the Newcastle area.
Arnold Clark Newcastle Ford, with monthly travel to Scotland
Full time, Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5pm
Arnold Clark is Europe’s largest car retailer, with over 11,000 employees and over 200 branches across the UK. As a result, high standards of health and safety are vital across the business.
As a Contractor/Small Works Health and Safety Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for overseeing health and safety standards within the Group. It’s your role to make sure that any construction activities – such as refurbishment and maintenance works – are fully compliant with industry best practice. Extensive travel is required, as is previous experience relevant to the role.
- Attending pre-start and safety meetings Reviewing risk assessments, SSOW, policies and construction phase plans and procedures Carrying out data analysis.
- Liaising with enforcing authorities, as well as the Estates department and branches. Report writing Delivering training Carrying out site inspections Pre-qualification vetting.
- NEBOSH in Construction Health and Safety or extensive experience in a similar field
- A strong understanding of CDM2015.
- Good attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- The ability to deliver training effectively.
- Knowledge of current health and safety legislation and best practice.
- Willingness to travel to various branches in England and Scotland.
- A full driving licence held for a minimum of one year is essential.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- If you are a SMSTS, CSCS card holder, that would be an advantage.
- Competence in providing management with accurate safety guidance.
In return for your skills, you will receive access to a company car plus some of the best employee benefits in the industry, including private health care, life assurance and generous employee discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.