We are currently recruiting for a new Service Advisor to help us keep our Irvine BMW/MINI branch running smoothly.
Full time, Monday – Friday 8am – 5.30pm and rotational Saturdays.
About the role
Our Service Advisors are responsible for delivering and sustaining a fantastic experience for all our service and vehicle repair customers.
We’re looking for an articulate, warm communicator who can give our customers the star treatment – whether it’s first thing on a manic Monday or last thing on a Friday afternoon.
This customer-facing role will be a great fit for someone who’s already worked in a customer service position, and genuinely enjoys exceeding expectations and creating positive outcomes.
- Handling all customer requirements for service and vehicle repairs in an efficient and professional manner.
- Liaising with the workshop and bodyshop to progress work through the system.
- Controlling all computer-based jobs, purchasing and invoice processes, ensuring the financial interests of the customer and the company are protected.
- Letting customers know of any faults or repairs found on their vehicle and providing them with clear and accurate solutions.
- Treating any dissatisfied customers with empathy and understanding, reassuring them that we can solve any issues should they arise.
- Maintaining customer records such as vehicle details and service histories accurately and efficiently.
- Maintaining knowledge of aftersales products and services, upselling where appropriate.
- Making sure the customer database is updated and accurate at all times.
- A passion for great customer service and the confidence to resolve any issues that may arise efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrable computer literacy and knowledge of IT systems and applications.
- The ability to multi-task and be highly adaptable within a busy environment.
- Strong communication and influencing skills, with the ability and desire to explain complex information accurately and concisely to help our customers.
- Strong organisational skills to schedule work effectively, balancing the needs of the customer and the capacity of the workshop.
- Ability to prioritise your workload.
- Ability and willingness to work with defined processes and guidelines.
- Good core administration skills to accurately capture customer details to the required standards.
- A full UK driving licence.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Experience of upselling products or services is desirable.
If you’re successful, you’ll benefit from excellent working conditions, including extensive training and support (with the prospect of progressing to an IMI training programme), life assurance, sick pay cover, maternity & paternity packages, enhanced holiday package and private healthcare.
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.