We’re recruiting for an experienced SEO Content Specialist to join our talented in-house Marketing department at Arnold Clark.
Why choose us?
- Very competitive salary
- Bi-annual, performance-related bonus
- Hybrid working (a mix of working from home and from our Head Office)
- Flexible working hours
- 33 days holiday which increases to 40 the longer you’re with us
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Maternity and paternity packages
- Generous retail discounts
- The opportunity for career growth
- …and much more!
Full time: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5.30pm (start and finish times can be flexible)
This is a hybrid role which will be split between our Head Office in Hillington, Glasgow, and home.
About the role
As our SEO Content Specialist, you will take our organic performance to the next level.
Working alongside our in-house SEO team and members of our other digital specialisms within Marketing, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to create and manage the digital content strategy at Arnold Clark.
In addition, you’ll be part of a large in-house Marketing team and collaborate on some large scale campaigns and work with our vast range of brands and divisions.
To be a great fit for this role, you’ll approach challenging business problems with a positive attitude, and be focused on changing our business for the better. We’re looking for a results-oriented individual with the drive to meet and exceed our business objectives.
Depending on experience, applicants of varying levels are welcome and encouraged to apply for this fantastic opportunity.
- Plan, manage and implement the SEO content strategy for Arnold Clark
- Create compelling, keyword-focussed, unique content that will help improve the rankings of key landing pages
- Undertake extensive keyword research to establish content themes and topics to engage and convert
- Create a content calendar around these themes and topics, and own the process from inception to completion
- Identify gaps and opportunities to constantly evolve the content strategy
- Ensure digital content is fully optimised and edited for SEO and UX best practice
- Monitor and report on overall organic performance
- Regular auditing of on-page and off-page efforts
- Keep abreast of new and growing SEO trends identifying new growth opportunities within organic search
- Conduct competitor analysis to benchmark content performance
- Translate insights into actionable tasks
- Collaborate with wider digital team to deliver on broader digital objectives
- Ensure the digital customer journey is considered at all times
Essential skills and experience
- A passion for writing informative, authoritative and compelling content on all things cars
- An SEO-first mindset; creating content which will help improve our organic rankings and performance
- Understand what it takes to rank highly on Google, and a willingness to keep up-to-date with Google’s algorithm changes
- Proven track record of content delivering organic performance improvements
- Keep up with organic search industry trends and conduct research into competitor activity
- Experience with keyword planning tools such as ahrefs, Search Console, Keyword Planner, Google Analytics or similar
- Experience in link building and PR campaigns is desirable
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Self-sufficient, self-driven and inquisitive
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.
Employment with the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory references and disclosure checks.