As a senior software engineer at Arnold Clark, you will be key to achieving our vision of creating market-leading digital products that will put us at the forefront of retailing. Placing our customers at the heart of everything we do, you will transform their experience and drive our business forward.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in some exciting and high-profile projects, working alongside a team of genuinely talented and passionate people who are focused on doing things “the right way”. We’re looking for people who are excited by the prospect of working every day on interesting problems, while collaborating and exchanging knowledge with other members of the team.
Monday to Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm.
- Work as a senior member of a Product Team to design, develop and deliver our industry-leading systems
- Mentor engineering colleagues through collaboration and code reviews
- Share your knowledge and enthusiasm of the front-end with colleagues in other areas of the department
- Help us to improve front-end standards across the company
- Experience building complex single-page React applications in a scalable, maintainable way
- Experience in writing tests against React applications, using libraries such as Jest and @testing_library
- Experience working with APIs; collaborating with back-end engineers to shape the APIs you need
- A strong understanding of performance and accessibility best practices
Don’t be fooled by the fact we sell cars. Our business is changing to meet the needs of today’s development community, and as a result, you can expect the following benefits and perks when you work for us:
- Remote working
- Training and conference funds
- Private medical insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discount on vehicle purchase, servicing, parts and rental
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure checks.