We’re looking for a Cyber Security Senior Operations Analyst to join our Security team.
Why choose us?
- 33 days’ annual leave, with room to grow
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance
- Generous retail discounts
- Enhanced maternity and paternity packages
- Pension scheme
- Opportunities for training and progression
Kilbirnie Street, Glasgow
Full time: Monday–Friday, 8.30am to 5pm
About the role
In this role, you will help to ensure the Cyber Security team’s ability to identify, detect and respond to all security alerts. You will also ensure Arnold Clark information systems are appropriately secure and do not incur excessive risk to business information or services.
The successful candidate will work very closely with internal teams as well as with our managed service partners to ensure all events and alarms are investigated to completion and that the business aligns to the Arnold Clark information security policies and standards.
- Perform initial triage and identification of ‘events of interest’ using operations tools and processes.
- Ensure that all events, events of interest, exceptions and incidents are responded to in accordance with established work instructions, including remedial action/recommendations.
- Provide detailed event and log analysis of security events.
- Maintain currency in security concepts, tools and best practices.
- Produce weekly reports detailing vulnerability/trending analysis as requested.
- Present and review reports to internal and external key stakeholders.
- Ensure all work instructions and processes are reviewed and remain current.
- Monitor and complete phishing email investigations.
- Participate in on-call activities.
- Assist all members of the Cyber Security team with relevant information required.
- Establish relationships are in place with internal stakeholders.
- Experience of working with managed SIEM / SOC partners
- Experience of working within a cyber security environment
- Experience with cloud security, patch management, application security, vulnerability management/scanning, log analysis, risk assessments and data loss prevention
- Knowledge and experience of key security standards (NIST CSF, Cyber Essentials, PCI-DSS, GDPR)
- Ability to work under the direction of the Operations Manager
- Ability to complete investigations reports in line with processes
- A desire to learn and seek knowledge of all aspects of cyber security
- Experience using Crowdstrike, Mimecast and Qualys technologies
- Previous experience in cyber technical aspects
- Understanding of networking knowledge
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure checks.