We’re looking to hire an experienced Senior Internal Communications Executive to join our vibrant and creative team at Head Office.
What we can offer you:
- 33 days’ annual leave, with room to grow
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance
- Generous retail discounts
- Enhanced maternity and paternity packages
- Pension scheme
- Flexible working approach
- Opportunities for training and progression
Monday – Friday, 9am – 5.30pm
Competitive plus bonuses, dependent on experience.
About the role
In this role, you will promote and support a positive working culture at Arnold Clark through effective storytelling and engaging content across a range of communication methods. You’ll use your expertise to create stories that inspire people across the business as well as potential future employees of Arnold Clark. Along with this, you’ll play a key part in supporting internal change projects and delivering Group communications to over 11,000 employees. This will also include supporting wider campaigns across both the Communications and Marketing departments.
You will help with the execution and creation of content planners for the Internal Communications team, promoting the Arnold Clark values, and ensuring our employees have the information needed to confidently perform in their roles.
The role also includes some occasional travel throughout our branch network, particularly while working with the Film team to create interviews with employees, senior leaders and Arnold Clark partners for both employee-facing and external platforms.
- Work closely with stakeholders to deliver new initiatives to the business, ensuring the company values and culture are reflected throughout the execution of all communication plans.
Contribute communication tactics to shape and inform how we connect to a geographically diverse workforce.
- Contribute to the strategic direction and communications plans for our diversity, equity and inclusion programmes.
- Hold a senior role, reporting to the Communications Lead of the Internal Communications team.
- Help lead a team of communication executives as they develop and execute communication plans in line with the cultural and commercial objectives of the business.
- Work with our employee marketing and People Team to define the strategy for the employee communication calendar across our organisation.
- You will act as the advocate for employees, ensuring employee impact is always considered and built into tailored communication plans from the very beginning.
- Support with production of our Group communications including production of video and digital content for our directors and senior management teams.
- Drive forward our internal storytelling through a creative and collaborative approach to employee interviews and how these can translate across internal and external platforms.
- Be data-driven when building communication strategies, working to a test and measure approach.
Who are we looking for?
- An influential communicator with excellent verbal and written skills.
- A team player is essential, as you’ll be working as part of a 27-person Communications department alongside a 100-strong Marketing department to help create exceptional content for our stakeholders.
- You will have an in-depth understanding of employee communication platforms with experience in managing these platforms as a communications and engagement tool.
- Ability to influence and build relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Analytical approach to communications with a focus on building and measuring end to end communication plans.
- A passion for employee engagement and internal communications.
- Highly organised with the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritise accordingly.
- You will be passionate and knowledgeable about diversity, equity and inclusion within the workplace.
- You will be excited about new internal communication trends and be keen to learn how to use new tools and techniques that will enhance their work.
Our ideal candidate
- At least 3 years in an internal communications team – a minimum of 1 year working within a senior role
- Preferably experienced in some element of change management on complex projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Experience working with human resource teams, or People Teams (as referred to in Arnold Clark)
- A general understanding of video production (but don’t worry, we’re not looking for the new Spielberg!)
- A keen eye for detail
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.