Are you a semi-skilled mechanic? Develop your career at Arnold Clark.
If you’re good at working with cars, at Arnold Clark the career possibilities are endless. We’re looking for semi-skilled mechanics with a minimum of two years’ experience to work on an amazing range of makes and models at our Carlisle Ford branch.
Working with our talented technicians, you’ll grow your knowledge, work towards an industry-recognised qualification and develop your career at the UK’s largest independently-owned car retailer.
In return for your skills, you can expect lots of rewards, including flexible hours for a great work-life balance, a bonus scheme and cover for your tools. We’ll also support you with high quality training, and give you a clear career progression path to help you realise your ambitions.
So if you want to get stuck into a career as an Arnold Clark mechanic, here’s what we’re looking for…
- Preparing new and used vehicles to high standards.
- Carrying out standard servicing, repairs and maintenance.
- Replacing wheels and tyres.
- Carrying out basic steering geometry checks.
- Road-testing vehicles to check repairs.
- Maintaining equipment and tools.
- Following the correct procedures and completing documentation.
- A minimum of two years’ previous experience in a vehicle workshop environment.
- A strong knowledge and understanding of routine servicing and basic mechanical repairs.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team in a competent, safe and efficient manner.
- Strong attention to detail and a proactive approach.
- Ability to follow written and spoken instructions and accurately complete paperwork.
- A full UK driving licence.
In return for your skills, you’ll receive four weeks of mechanical training induction and a wide variety of career progression opportunities, including further industry qualifications.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.