We’re currently recruiting for an experienced Mobile/Static Relief Security Patrol Officer to work at our sites across Central Belt, Glasgow and Lanarkshire.
What we can offer you:
- 33 days’ annual leave
- Extensive training opportunities
- Private healthcare
- Simplyhealth: all our employees have access to a GP 24/7 and can claim back on medical treatments
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Generous discounts on vehicle purchases, services, parts, rentals, insurance and more
Full time (permanent night shifts) you will be required to work covering all Arnold Clark sites. Shifts will 4 days on and 4 days off, 7pm till 8am. You also must be able flexible to help cover holidays and any overtime if and when this is available. This is a mixture of a static and patrol guard.
About this role
Arnold Clark Security Patrol Officers are responsible for making sure our premises are kept secure at all times.
Working closely with the security department, site managers and the alarm receiving centre. You’ll carry out regular patrols during your shift, reporting any breaches in security as soon as possible.
This role would suit someone with previous experience who is committed, quick thinking, and enthusiastic, with the ability to work on their own initiative.
Travel will be required to meet the needs of the business. If necessary accommodation will be provided.
- Patrolling all areas of the premises and surrounding transport compounds.
- Handling any breaches of security you identify.
- Responding calmly and responsibly to any alarm activations throughout the course of your shift.
- Liaising with the control room and night-shift supervisors to update them on patrols and take instruction.
- Dealing with keyholders and emergency services in the event of an incident on site.
- Accurately recording and reporting incidents on a nightly basis to supervisors.
- Previous experience in a similar security role is essential.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels of the business.
- To be comfortable working on your own at night and liaising remotely with security teams.
- Good attention to detail and a commitment to doing a good job.
- A trustworthy, responsible, and professional approach.
- A full driving licence- driving assessment will be necessary.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Computer knowledge would be useful but training will be given on internal systems.
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.
Employment with the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory references and disclosure checks.