We’re recruiting for an enthusiastic and experienced Rental Manager based at our Ayr Car and Van Rental branch, with occasional travel for meetings.
Full time 42.5hrs per week working 5 days out of 7.
About the role
As a Rental Manager for Arnold Clark, you’ll be responsible for making sure everything at this busy branch runs smoothly, from overseeing fleet servicing to creating great experiences for our corporate clients.
You’ll also be the cheerful motivating force behind your employees, helping them to maximise any opportunity to increase sales, developing their skills and dealing with the nitty gritty, such as rotas, recruitment and health and safety. This role would suit a fantastic communicator who can inspire, problem solve and be super organised.
- Dealing with all customer requirements for servicing, repairs and changeovers in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Actively seeking new business and making sure existing customers are delighted with our service.
- Organising logistics, such as the timely delivery and collection of vehicles in accordance with SLAs.
- Overseeing all payments and staff cover and making sure admin duties are efficiently carried out.
- Increasing incremental sales and exceeding set targets.
- Mentoring and training staff.
- Overseeing fleet management, including servicing, MOTs and mileages.
- Liaising with other departments to make sure the branch is running smoothly.
- Visits to corporate customers, events and corporate hospitality.
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of car and van rental, including private and corporate business, broker business and travel.
- A high level of accuracy and the ability to multi-task.
- High levels of organisation and leadership skills.
- Forward planning and strategic thinking skills.
- The ability to motivate and train staff.
- A positive and proactive attitude.
In return for your management skills, you’ll receive excellent working conditions and one of the best employee benefit packages in the automotive industry, including free private healthcare, life assurance and generous staff discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.