We’re recruiting for a highly motivated Recovery Driver to join the team at Arnold Clark. You’ll be largely mobile, working from our branches in Cumbernauld and Newhouse.
Full-time, Monday – Thursday 8am – 5.30pm, Friday 8am – 4.30pm and rotational Saturday's 8am – 1pm.
About this role
As an Arnold Clark Recovery Driver, you’ll attend to broken-down vehicles at the side of the road or at customers’ home addresses. You’ll load and transport these vehicles from the roadside to appropriate repair points safely and responsibly.
To do this job, you’ll need a Class 2 driving licence. Experience is a benefit but not essential as training will be given.
- Understanding instructions in relation to breakdown recovery and how to respond appropriately.
- Reach the broken-down vehicle in a timely manner.
- Load the immobile vehicle onto the recovery truck in a safe and secure manner.
- Deliver the immobile vehicle to a pre-agreed delivery point.
- Deal with customers in a positive and reassuring manner.
- Remain in constant communication with your recovery team.
- A Class 2 driving licence
- Ability to take instruction
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivation with the ability to work as part of a team
- High level of attention to detail
Experience is preferred, but training can be provided for a candidate who demonstrates a high level of enthusiasm and the other required criteria.
In return, you will benefit from one of the best employee packages in the industry, including extensive training, a pension scheme, private healthcare and life assurance.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.