We’re recruiting for a qualified Quantity Surveyor based at our head office in Hillington, Glasgow.
Full time, Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5pm
Flexible working is available with this role.
About the role
As a Quantity Surveyor for Arnold Clark, you’ll play a key role in the Arnold Clark Estates team, on projects with values from £10,000 to £5 million. This is a unique opportunity to join Europe’s largest independently owned car retailer at an exciting time of expansion.
Some degree of flexibility is needed as UK-wide site and branch visits will be required.
- Preparing tender documents, including bills of quantities, schedules of rates and work packages using CATO software
- Tender reviewing and appointment of Contractors
- Working with the Projects team to manage all commercial risks
- Preparing budget cost reports for projects ranging from repair and maintenance to new build and civils works.
- Carrying out value engineering exercises with the design team and negotiating with contractors.
- Providing cost control throughout the project including valuation of variations, interim valuations, final account agreements, monthly cost report preparation.
- Qualified to degree level in Quantity Surveying, with a minimum of five years’ experience
- Experience using CATO software or similar computer aided take off systems
- Sound knowledge of JCT suite of Contracts.
- A knowledge of construction health and safety.
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft systems; competent in Excel.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- PQS experience.
- Estimating experience
- MRICS or similar
- Use of NEC3
In return for your skills, you’ll receive access to a company car, training and career development opportunities, Flexitime and a lunch subsidy. You will also enjoy one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry including life assurance, access to private healthcare and generous staff retail discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.