We are recruiting for a diligent and committed Purchase Ledger Clerk to work at our head office in Hillington.
Full time, Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5.00pm
Flexible working is available with this role.
About the role
At Arnold Clark head office, our purchase ledger clerks are responsible for processing ledger invoices and making sure the numbers add up across all of our many departments.
You’ll have a minimum of one year’s experience in a high-volume purchase ledger role and be able to demonstrate superb attention to detail. As well as high levels of accuracy, you’ll have the communication skills to liaise with a wide range of people and work within a busy team.
- Processing daily bank payments and bank reconciliations.
- Processing staff expenses.
- Preparing payment runs.
- Processing purchase ledger invoices on our accounting system.
- Managing supplier accounts to make sure that payment is timely and any issues are resolved.
- Recharging costs to our branches.
- Liaising with department managers to resolve any invoice queries.
- Working to support the wider business with our dedicated accounts team.
- Other accounts department administration duties as required.
- Proven experience in a purchase ledger role.
- A high level of accuracy and excellent numeracy skills.
- Fantastic communication skills to deal with questions from suppliers, branches and other departments.
- Basic Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
In return for your experience, you’ll receive Flexitime, a monthly lunch subsidy and one of the best employee benefits packages in the industry, including life assurance, training, private health care and generous discounts on new and used cars.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure checks.