We’re recruiting for a self-motivated and experienced Project Manager to be based at our head office in Hillington, Glasgow.
Full time, Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5pm
About the role
As a Project Manager for Arnold Clark, you’ll be asked to work on your own initiative to manage several construction projects simultaneously, from start to finish – controlling design, consultation, contractor and health and safety costs.
This role would be ideal for project managers with excellent planning and coordination skills, and proven experience working in either the construction or facility management sectors.
- Planning a wide range of projects, including refurbishments, new builds and small maintenance works.
- Contractor and design team management.
- Holding weekly contractor site meetings.
- Carrying out regular site inspections.
- Collating work packages and tenders.
- Overseeing the financial management of projects.
- Liaising with departments across the business, including IT, Security, Marketing and Procurement.
- Previous experience in project management in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sound technical knowledge of building management and construction.
- Knowledge of Microsoft systems, including Microsoft Project.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- The ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, from design to completion.
- Fantastic problem-solving skills and the ability to work accurately to tight timescales.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Asbestos and Legionella Awareness certification
- SSSTS/SMSTS qualifications
- CSCS card
In return for your technical expertise, you’ll receive access to a company car, flexible hours, a monthly lunch subsidy and ongoing career development. You’ll also enjoy one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry including private healthcare, life assurance and generous retail discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure checks.