We’re recruiting for a Progress OpenEdge Developer to work at our vibrant head office in Hillington, Glasgow.
Full time, 37.5 hours per week with flexible working.
About the role
The Digital Development team at Arnold Clark work on exciting, high-profile projects that place us at the very forefront of car retailing.
We’re looking for people who are excited by the prospect of coming into work every day to work with a team of people they like and respect. You’ll enjoy working on challenging problems, collaborating with others, and learning.
- Carrying out analysis, design and development of enterprise-level applications using Progress OpenEdge.
- Unit testing of Progress OpenEdge code.
- Suggesting and making improvements to our internal processes.
- Working with a multi-skilled team to produce effective solutions.
- Collaborating with product owners and stakeholders to provide continuous business value, following Agile principles.
- Experience developing solutions using OpenEdge.
- Familiarity with traditional and agile software development practices.
- Experience of the full project lifecycle.
- The ability to take ownership of issues through to resolution.
- Analysis and problem-solving skills.
- An accommodating and flexible attitude.
- Reliability, and ability to work well as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Experience developing solutions for Progress Applications Server for OpenEdge.
In return for your considerable talents, you’ll benefit from a competitive salary and some of the best employee benefits in the automotive industry, including:
- Training and conference fund
- Amazing working environment
- Casual dress
- Private medical insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discount on vehicle purchase, servicing, parts and rental
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.