We’re recruiting for a highly skilled Progress Developer to help us lead the way in digital car retailing.
Arnold Clark head office in Hillington, or Mitcheldean, Gloucestershire.
Full time, Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5pm
Flexible working is available with this role.
Arnold Clark’s Digital Product Development team is at the forefront of car retailing and user experience. We’re looking for a versatile OpenEdge Progress Developer with project management skills to deliver a variety of exciting business products.
You’ll help to develop our business software and have a chance to make your mark with a varied mixture of support and project development work. If you’re team focused and goal oriented with a positive, can-do manner and a flair for managing stakeholders, we’d like to hear from you.
- Project managing the development of our car rental product.
- Suggesting and making improvements to our internal processes.
- Working with a multi-skilled team to produce high quality solutions.
- Carrying out analysis, design and development (Progress/OpenEdge 4GL/ABL).
- Unit testing of Progress OpenEdge 4GL/ABL code.
- Developing enterprise level applications.
- Familiarity with traditional and agile software development practices (releasing early and often, improving feedback and running retrospectives).
- Ability to develop technical practices such as pair programming, collective code ownership and continuous delivery.
- Experienced at planning with a good track record of successful software deliveries.
- Goal driven with great communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Strong stakeholder management and conflict resolution skills.
In return for your skills, you’ll receive training, (including Tech Lead refresher training, if required) and the chance to work with a forward-thinking team.
You’ll also enjoy flexible hours, one day a month to work on your own projects, a casual dress code and one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including free private healthcare and generous discounts on new and used cars.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.