We’re recruiting for a Pricing Analyst to work in our head office based in Hillington, Glasgow.
Full time, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (30 minutes for lunch).
Flexible working will be available with this role, with core hours of 10am–12pm and 2pm–4pm.
About the role
Our Pricing Analysts are responsible for helping keep our business competitive, as well as making recommendations for improvement. As part of the role, you’ll create reports and analysis to represent our position against competitors, covering a wide range of pricing activities, as well as ad-hoc pricing reviews and analysis.
The right person for this role will have a strong interest in business, commerce and statistics, and won’t be afraid to share suggestions and ideas. An understanding and ability to manipulate and analyse large data sets is essential, as are excellent written English skills.
Ideally, you’ll also have a passion for cars and a demonstrable interest in the motor industry. You’ll be able to deliver highly detailed, accurate information to tight deadlines and be well organised and precise under pressure, with the ability to prioritise your workload.
- Monitoring competitor vehicle prices through the use of appropriate industry pricing systems and creating pricing analyses.
- Reviewing new pricing set-ups on a daily basis and correctly pricing the item in line with departmental gross margin and mark-up structures.
- Creating quarterly price file reviews.
- Reviewing, analysing and reporting on monthly price movement.
- Retail price positioning.
- Master file data maintenance.
- Monitoring gross margin and providing exception reports for low margin sales/purchases.
- Good stakeholder management skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner at all levels of the business and with customers.
- Strong all-round IT skills.
- Expert levels of aptitude with Microsoft Excel, Access and PowerPoint and intermediate or above ability with Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Excellent time management, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- The ability to work calmly under pressure to strict deadlines, with high levels of self-motivation and the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Excellence with numbers, with A-level maths required as a minimum.
In return for your skills, you’ll enjoy one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including flexible hours, private healthcare, life assurance and generous staff discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.