We’re looking for an experienced and ambitious Preparation Manager to work at our Stafford Motorstore.
Monday – Thursday, 7:30pm – 7:00 am
About the role
As a Preparation Night Shift Manager for Arnold Clark, you will have full responsibility for delivering consistently high levels of preparation and quality, ensuring that the workshop is maintained to the highest standards.
As well as managing and coaching staff, setting goals and objectives, and making sure you’re compliant with policies and procedures, you’ll ensure the smooth running of the Parts and Service departments and drive them to even greater success. This role would suit an experienced Automotive Manager with lots of fantastic ideas and a proactive, positive attitude.
- Managing a service team of technicians and parts support staff, and making sure productivity and efficiency targets are achieved.
- Making sure all the preparation work that takes place in your branch is carried out correctly, competently and on time.
- Delivering excellent preparation standards at all times, resolving any issues quickly and effectively.
- Ensuring we always remain compliant with company, DVSA, manufacturer and health and safety policies.
- Reviewing and analysing department KPI and financial reports, and motivating staff to exceed objectives.
- Planning and organising daily workload, including sales objectives.
- Working with your Parts department in managing stock, understanding what is needed and delivering an industry-leading range of parts.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- A passion for delivering great customer service.
- High levels of literacy and numeracy.
- Leadership skills and the ability to motivate your team to achieve success.
- Good organisational and IT skills.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to stay calm under pressure.
- The ability to multi-task and deliver great results.
- An understanding of how to identify improvement opportunities, remaining honest, ethical and compliant at all times.
- Ability to understand stock parameters, including control of potential obsolescence.
- A full clean driving licence held for a minimum of one year.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- An understanding of modern motor vehicle technology.
- Knowledge of Kerridge (Rev 8) software.
In return for your skills and experience, you’ll receive a competitive salary and bonus scheme, access to a company car and extensive training on company internal systems. You will also enjoy one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and generous employee discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure checks.