We’re recruiting for an efficient and reliable Garage Equipment Service/Loler Surveyor Engineer based within Manchester with travel across our UK branch network.
Monday – Thursday 5.00pm - 4.30am with 30 minutes’ lunch (44 hours).
Other shifts when required with notice given, weekend work and day shifts.
About the role
As a Garage Equipment Engineer/Surveyor for Arnold Clark, you’ll travel between a variety of UK sites, specialising in a range of garage equipment for both reactive and planned work.
This role would suit somebody who has previous experience in a field-based engineering role, and has worked with hydraulics and/or pneumatic garage equipment in a mechanical engineering environment. You must be LOLER certified to surveyor level. You should also be able to work on your own initiative and maintain a flexible schedule, as overnight stays will be required.
- Carrying out LOLER surveyor inspections to Health and Safety standards
- Fault finding and repair on breakdowns, plus planned preventative maintenance.
- Completing necessary paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that the van is stocked with the parts and tools required.
- Attending customer sites to carry out routine servicing and repairs on hydraulic and pneumatic garage equipment, including vehicle lifts, compressors and MOT equipment.
- Working closely within a team of other engineers and service controllers.
- Previous experience in a similar field-based engineering role.
- High levels of organisation and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Full UK driving licence.
- The ability to be self-motivated and work unsupervised.
- The ability to work well within a team.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Microsoft computer knowledge
- Plant vehicle maintenance experience.
In return for your skills, you’ll receive further training and all the tools you need to do your job, including company van, phone, workwear and PPE. You’ll also receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including free private healthcare, life assurance and generous retail discounts.