We’re currently recruiting for an experienced Network Engineer to join our team at Kilbirnie Street, Glasgow.
Full time, Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5.00pm.
Flexible working is available with this role
About the role
As a Network Engineer for Arnold Clark, you’ll play a key role in our network team, which operates and manages a large geographical infrastructure, consisting of two core datacentres serving over 250 branch sites across the UK.
You’ll be responsible for the design, deployment and management of the network infrastructure and its related services, including LAN/WAN/WLAN, firewalls, load balancers and datacentres, and provide connectivity to various cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and previous experience in providing solutions across a range of network infrastructure systems is essential.
- Helping the team to deliver new and innovative solutions: current projects include SDWAN, Wireless Networking, Datacentre HA, and Azure Express routing.
- Collaborating with the other infrastructure teams (Server Platforms, Unified Comms and DBAs).
- Assisting the Technology Change project managers to deliver projects, acting as a technical lead.
- Liaising with the operations teams to resolve network-related incidents from a third-line perspective.
- Working with the DevOps/ArchOps teams to provide designs and solutions for cloud connectivity and resilience.
- Designing and configuring network security implementations.
- Delivering HLD/LLDs in line with the company’s technology road map.
- Expertise in LAN, WAN, routing/switching, firewalls, Load Balancer and other network infrastructure technologies within an Enterprise IT framework.
- The ability to provide network solutions (designing, implementing, testing) across a range of network infrastructure systems.
- Hands-on experience in some of or all following areas: VSS, data centre technologies, HSRP, QoS, VoIP (Cisco), DMVPN, SSL VPN/Ipsec VPN, wireless technologies, DHCP management, firewall skills, IPS/IDS, Internet proxy, load balancers, WAAS, WCCP, VPLS/MPLS services.
- The ability to communicate well with stakeholders and senior management.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Experience of HP Aruba Switching and Routing infrastructure
- Knowledge of F5 Load Balancer configuration and management, Fortinet Firewall configuration and management, SDWAN.
- An understanding of wireless infrastructure
- Experience of implementing / designing and supporting network technologies within AWS, Azure, deploying infrastructure as code (terraform/ansible).
- CCNP/CCDP/CCIE-level certification.
In return for your technical skills, you’ll receive a competitive salary and one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including flexitime, a lunch subsidy and free private healthcare.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.