We’re looking for a motivated and capable Monitoring Officer for our Alarm Receiving Centre in Glasgow.
As Monitoring Officer for our Alarm Receiving Centre, your role will be to monitor the safety of premises and assets, giving a fast and effective response to any alarm activations or incidents.
Hours: 12-hour day and night shifts, 4 days on/4 days off (full time)
You will need to demonstrate precise attention to detail and sensible decision-making capabilities in high-pressure situations, and be able to work both on your own initiative and as part of an established ARC monitoring team. You should also be able to show excellent call handling and customer care skills.
Your day-to-day duties
• Following the appropriate escalation procedures when responding to alarm activations, even under pressure.
• Delivering excellent call handling and customer care.
• Acting as a point of contact for the public, emergency services and clients.
• Communicating effectively and professionally with outside agencies and partners, and courteously dealing with staff, visitors and contractors.
• Operating communications systems, computerised alarm monitoring systems and devices.
• Monitoring CCTV and other alarm equipment as required.
• Carrying out daily checks and inspections in line with BS5979.
• Following set protocols and notifying engineers or emergency services if needed.
• Making sure technical faults are recorded and rectified to agreed timescales.
• Ensuring information remains confidential in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
• Ability to work on your own initiative.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent standards of numeracy and literacy.
• Proven ability to deliver excellent customer service and call handling.
• Working knowledge of the everyday workings of an ARC.
• High levels of organisation and attention to the smallest details.
• Sound IT skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office.
• The flexibility and stamina to stay alert and perform efficiently for long shifts, based on the needs of the business.
• Relevant SIA licence
• Ability to comply with security screening to BS 7858 standard.
In exchange for your skills, you’ll benefit from excellent working conditions and one of the best employee packages in the industry, including extensive training, private healthcare and life assurance.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.