We’re looking for a reliable Monitoring Officer to join our team at our Alarm Receiving Centre in Glasgow.
When you’ll work
This is a full-time position with a rotational shift pattern.
You’ll work four shifts on and four shifts off, rotational day and night. Each shift is 12 hours.
About the role
As a Monitoring Officer, you’ll work in our state-of-the-art Alarm Receiving Centre, ensuring that all current processes and policies are adhered to at all times.
You’ll have experience of working in a control room and have a current SIA Public Space Surveillance license. An ability to work and concentrate under pressure is key, as is a meticulous attention to detail.
This is a customer-focused department, so this role will be a great fit for someone who loves working with people and as part of a team!
Day to day duties
- Monitoring alarm activations and following correct procedures and escalation processes as required.
- CCTV monitoring.
- Lone worker monitoring.
- Regularly liaising with alarm engineers, customers and contractors.
- Making changes to relevant databases, where appropriate.
Essential skills and requirements
- Control room experience.
- SIA Public Space Surveillance (CCTV) licence .
- Ability to comply with BS7858 security screening.
- Knowledge of BS5979.
- Proven ability to deliver excellent customer service written and verbally.
- Sound IT Skills and familiar with Microsoft Office.
- The ability to stay alert and work efficiently throughout a 12-hour shift.
- The ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- The ability to work on your own initiative and be able to prioritise your workload.
- Enjoy working as part of a team.
- The ability to work and concentrate under pressure.
- Excellent observation skills and ability to analyse visual information.
- Great attention to detail.
- Ability to write clear, legible and accurate reports of events which may be used as evidence.
- Ability to learn and be adaptable to changes in both working procedures and technology.
- Ability to be flexible in working hours.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Although ARC experience is preferred, training will be provided for the right candidate.
In exchange for your skills and experience, you will benefit from excellent working conditions and one of the best employee packages within the industry, including extensive training, private healthcare and life assurance.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.