We’re recruiting for a highly experienced Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator to be based at our Kilbirnie Street office in Glasgow.
Full time, Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5pm
Flexible working is available with this role.
About the role
Arnold Clark’s SQL Server Database Administration team provides SQL service implementation and maintenance to the core business. This is a wide-ranging role that involves ensuring that high quality performance and data integrity is upheld across all our internal databases. You will report to the DBA Team Leader and work with others across the business, providing support to the development team and support helpdesk.
This role would suit somebody with five years’ experience with Microsoft Windows systems, who is skilled in Windows server administration. There may also be a need to work outside of core hours on urgent releases or changes, so some flexibility is a plus.
- Managing all changes to the database environment (SQL server 2005 – 2016)
- Carrying out data manipulation using a combination of in-house and third-party tools.
- Finding innovative solutions for our clients’ needs and issues by applying customised tools in a creative and flexible way.
- Quality checking your own and other team members’ work via change control policy documentation.
- Using SQL to query and update databases.
- Maintaining disaster recovery solutions.
- Participating in the full development lifecycle of our bespoke tools, including Redgate SWL and IDERA Compliance Manager.
- Working with developers to optimise the existing application and support the design of new solutions.
- Five years’ experience with the Microsoft Windows system.
- A good understanding of quality standards and reporting.
- Knowledge of general database design and principles.
- High level SQL server administration skills.
- High to medium level Windows server skills.
- Experience of management and ETL tools.
- Understanding of Windows security policies.
- Familiarity with coding principles.
- Understanding of backup and restore strategies.
- Ability to work outside of business hours on releases and changes.
- Some understanding of Arnold Clark’s core business.
In return for your technical skills, you’ll receive one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry including flexible hours, private healthcare, life assurance and generous staff retail discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.