We’re recruiting for a MET Technician to work at our Bodyshop in Ratho.
Full time, Monday – Thursday, 8am – 5.30pm, Friday, 8am - 16.30pm
About the role
As an MET Technician for Arnold Clark, you’ll be responsible for ensuring work is carried out to the highest standards, and that quality check paperwork is completed for every job. You’ll also complete stripping and fitting work as required.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with strong attention to detail and have current bodyshop experience working as a MET Technician.
- Stripping vehicles to get them ready for the panel shop.
- Re-assembling vehicles with new parts as needed, restoring them to their former condition.
- Carrying out work in accordance with manufacturer specifications.
- Completing all documentation to the required standard.
- Road-testing vehicles to check repairs.
- Working to high standards as part of a team, with customer satisfaction in mind.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a MET Technician.
- ATA or equivalent qualification.
- Recent experience in a bodyshop environment.
- High levels of efficiency and organisation.
- Ability to produce work of consistently high quality.
- Previous experience of carrying out four-wheel alignment.
- Ability to demonstrate a sound and up-to-date knowledge of vehicle repair.
- A full UK driving licence.
Nice to have (but not essential)
- The ability to use specialised equipment.
- Training in four-wheel alignment can be provided.
In return for your technical skills, you’ll receive training, excellent working conditions and one of the best employee benefits packages in the automotive industry, including private healthcare, life assurance and generous staff retail discounts.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.