About the role
Mechanics, it wouldn’t work without you.
Fixing cars is one of the most varied, challenging and important things you can do at Arnold Clark. Without our mechanics, our business would come to a standstill.
That’s why we need you. As a mechanic, at our Clydebank Peugeot branch, you’ll safely prepare our customers’ cars for the road ahead. You’ll care – really care – about every detail, and take pride in doing a meticulous job. Above all, you’ll want to be part of a capable, motivated team who feel the same way.
In return for your skills, you can expect industry leading rewards, including flexible hours for a great work-life balance, a bonus scheme and cover for your tools. We’ll also support you with training, and recognise your hard work with a clear career progression path to help you realise your ambitions.
And every day in the job, you’ll get the chance to work on an incredible range of manufacturers and models, developing your skills and staying up to date with the very latest in vehicle technology.
If this sounds like the career fix you need, here’s what we need from you…
- Carrying out servicing, repairs and maintenance to high standards.
- Inspecting vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately, using computer-based diagnostic equipment.
- Repairing or replacing broken or defective parts and resolving defects.
- Carrying out DVSA vehicle testing (if authorised).
- Road testing vehicles to check repairs.
- Maintaining equipment and making sure tools are in good condition.
- Following checklists to ensure all procedures are completed.
- Completing all documentation to the required standard.
- A certificate in Light Vehicle Maintenance Level 3 and solid work experience in the automotive industry.
- The ability to work in a competent and efficient manner on your own or part of a busy team.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- The ability to carry out work to high standards to deadlines.
- A proactive and enthusiastic approach.
- The ability to accurately follow written and spoken instructions.
- A full driving licence.
Your technical skills will be rewarded with a competitive salary, training opportunities and excellent working conditions. You’ll also receive life assurance, sick pay cover, maternity & paternity packages, enhanced holiday package, private health care and generous employee discounts on new and used cars.
Arnold Clark is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. We care about our employees and our communities, we nurture talent and encourage ambition, and we are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our employees are at the heart of everything we do – diverse in our make-up, united in our goals.
To find out more about Life at Arnold Clark, visit our website.
Employment within the Arnold Clark Group is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.